NHL Predictions, Picks & Betting Tips
All of our NHL betting tips and picks are all free, so whether your looking for an accumulator to win big from a small stake or a safe double your money bet we’ve got you covered. Our daily tips are split into three main bet types which are accumulator – our fan favourite where we aim for big returns from a small stake. With so many games on a daily basis our tipsters pick out the best bets and put them in an accumulator. Daily double – two of our strongest bets of the day put into a double. Individual game previews – daily tips with detailed reasoning why the tipsters have made the pick.
NHL Betting Free Bets
We have over £400’s worth of NHL Free Bets in our free bets section.
If you have any questions about our NHL tips then feel free to post a comment and our experts will help you out. We get many questions asking about the types of betting available and the tips we give so here’s a break down for those of you who are new to betting on the NHL.
NHL Betting Terms Explained
- Money Line – this is a term used in all American sports which means ‘To Win’. If you are backing a team on the money line then they must win for your bet to be correct e.g. Chicago Blackhawks Money Line = Chicago Blackhawks to Win.
- Puck Line – the run line works the same as handicaps in football betting E.g. LA Kings -1.5 @ Boston Bruins+1.5. So with this 1.5 run line, the Boston Bruins must win the game outright or lose by 1.5 runs or less (two or less in reality) to cover the spread and for your bet to win. If the LA Kings win, they must do so by 1.5 runs or more (two or more in reality) for your bet to win. If the spread is set at a whole number E.g. LA Kings -1 @ Boston Bruins+1 and your team wins/loses by that exact number of runs then your bet is considered a push and your stake will be refunded.
- Alternative Puck Line – the same as above but we alter the standard run line to a different number of runs. Not many bookies offer this market but bet365 do. These are essential for backing our daily banker doubles where we use the line a lot.
- Game Totals – the total number of goals scored in the game by both sides. This bet works just like Football. E.g. LA Kings @ Boston Bruins – Over/Under 5.5 goals means we need 6 goals or more to win the Overs and 5 goals or less to win the Unders. As with the puck line, if the game total is a whole number E.g. 5 and the total goals scored are 5, then your bet becomes a push and your stake is refunded.
- Alternative Game Totals – the same as the previous but just a different number of goals. Offered by bet365 up to 10 runs either side of the Over/Under, found under the ‘main props’ tab then alternative totals.
- Parlay – a parlay is a term the American’s use for accumulators.
We hope you enjoy our free NHL betting tips. Our aim is to provide free predictions every week but please remember to have fun and gamble responsibly. Enjoy watching the games and good luck!