One of the most common football adages rolled out by unimaginative pundits is “goals win games”. At FST, we have added our own twist to that clichéd football axiom to make it read – “goals win bets”.
Whether you’ve taken a punt on an over 2.5 total goals selection or are hoping to conquer the both teams to score markets, the sound of a net rattling is music to your ears.
To cater to your needs and help satisfy your goal-lust, we will compile a list of the games that promise the most goals ahead of the action each week.
Armed with this information, you should be able attack those goal markets as a more informed bettor. But remember, it’s okay to take a break from gambling if the results aren’t going your way.
Remember to bookmark this page and check back for the latest updated list of potentially goal-filled fixtures.
Utrecht vs Vitesse (Eredivisie) – May 24th
Utrecht and Vitesse face off in the first leg of their Eredivisie Europa League qualification play-off double header at the Stadion Galgenwaard.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 4 of Utrecht’s last 5 Eredivisie matches.
- A minimum of 3 goals hit the net in 65% of Utrecht’s total league games in 2018/19, and over 3.5 goals were scored in 44% of those fixtures.
- Over 2.5 goals were registered in 74% of Vitesse’s 34 Eredivisie games this term.
- 3 or more goals rattled the net in 10 of Vitesse’s most recent 11 contests.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 4 of the last 5 meetings between Utrecht and Vitesse.
Read our detailed Utrecht vs Vitesse predictions, match preview and betting tips here.
Rennes vs Lille (Ligue 1) – May 24th
2nd placed Lille will be aiming to cap their sensational Ligue 1 season in style against mid-table Rennes at Roazhon Park.
- Rennes’ Ligue 1 matches have averaged 2.78 goals per 90 minutes this season.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 70% of Rennes’ last 10 games in league and cup.
- Lille’s last 8 games averaged 3.25 goals per contest.
- Over 2.5 goals were registered in 4 of the last 5 meetings between Rennes and Lille.
- Rennes scored at least once in 78% of their Ligue 1 matches at Roazhon Park in 2018/19.
Click here to read our Rennes vs Lille predictions, match preview and betting tips.
Los Angeles FC vs Montreal Impact (MLS) – May 25th
Western Conference leaders Los Angeles FC host Eastern Conference summit chasers Montreal Impact at the Banc of California Stadium.
- Over 2.5 goals flew home in 8 of Los Angeles FC’s 14 MLS matches so far this season.
- A minimum of 3 goals were scored in 4 of Montreal Impact’s last 7 fixtures.
- LA’s matches have averaged 2.92 goals per 90 minutes this season.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 80% of Impact’s last 10 MLS away games.
- 8 goals were scored in the only previous meeting between Los Angeles FC and Montreal Impact (Montreal Impact 3-5 Los Angeles, 21st April 2018).
Check out our comprehensive Los Angeles FC vs Montreal Impact predictions and match preview for more betting tips here.
Malmo vs AFC Eskilstuna (Sweden Allsvenskan) – May 25th
Swedish league leaders Malmo meet second from bottom side AFC Eskilstuna in an Allsvenskan mis-match at the Swedbank Stadion.
- An average of 4.5 goals were scored across the last 2 meetings between Malmo and AFC Eskilstuna.
- Malmo’s home matches have averaged 3 goals per game so far this season.
- An average of 2.5 goals were scored in AFC Eskilstuna’s 10 league matches this term.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 12 of Malmo’s last 20 home fixtures in all competitions.
- AFC Eskilstuna shipped 3 goals or more in 3 of their last 5 away games.
Check out our comprehensive Malmo vs AFC Eskilstuna predictions and match preview for more betting tips here.
FC Copenhagen vs Nordsjaelland (Denmark Superliga) – May 25th
Table toping FC Copenhagen lock horns with 6th placed Nordsjaelland in the Danish capital in a fascinating looking Superliga duel at the Parken Stadium.
- FC Copenhagen’s league matches have averaged 3.4 goals per game this season.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 100% of FC Copenhagen’s last 7 matches.
- A minimum of 3 goals were registered in 5 of Nordsjaelland’s last 7 contests.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 6 of the last 7 meetings between FC Copenhagen and Nordsjaelland.
- FC Copenhagen’s last 6 fixtures averaged 4.33 goals per 90 minutes.
Read our FC Copenhagen vs Nordsjaelland predictions, match preview and betting tips here.
Bologna vs Napoli (Serie A) – May 25th
Bologna need a positive result to secure a mid-table finish in their final Serie A game of the season against runners-up Napoli.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 100% of Bologna’s last 5 Serie A games.
- A minimum of 3 goals hit the net in 4 of Napoli’s last 5 fixtures.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 67% of Napoli’s Serie A away games this season.
- An average of 5 goals were registered across the last 6 clashes between Bologna and Napoli.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 100% of the last 12 meetings between the clubs overall.
View our Bologna vs Napoli predictions and betting tips in our detailed match preview here.
Philadelphia Union vs Portland Timbers (MLS) – May 26th
Eastern Conference leaders Philadelphia Union test their mettle against the Western Conference’s 3rd from bottom club Portland Timbers at the Talen Energy Stadium.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 5 of Philadelphia Union’s 7 MLS home games this season.
- A minimum of 3 goals were registered in 9 of Portland Timber’s 11 MLS matches.
- An average of 3.27 goals were scored across that same set of 11 fixtures.
- Timbers have kept just 2 clean sheets in their last 20 MLS away games.
- Over 2.5 goals hit the net in each of the last 4 meetings between Philadelphia Union and Portland Timbers
Read our detailed Philadelphia Union vs Portland Timbers predictions and betting tips in our match preview here.