Empoli vs Roma predictions for Saturday’s Serie A clash at Stadio Carlo Castellani. Roma’s mini crisis appears to be over after three straight wins in all competitions, but can they gain further momentum this Saturday against Empoli? Read on for all our free predictions and betting tips.
Empoli vs Roma Predictions, Betting Tips and Match Previews
Roma to Win @
Roma 2-0 @
Reason For Empoli vs Roma Betting Tips
After a tremendous 3-1 derby success against bitter rivals Lazio last weekend and a midweek 5-0 romp over Viktoria Plzen in the Champion League, Roma’s early season crisis appears to be over. Eusebio Di Franceso’s side are still well off the pace in Serie A due to their bad start to the campaign, but they’ll be confident of moving up from 9th place this weekend when they make the trip to Tuscany to face an Empoli team who are winless in six outings.
A 4-0 success over Frosinone on match day five partly stemmed the tide for Roma after their terrible start to the campaign, but the 3-1 victory over arch-rivals Lazio at Stadio Olimpico last weekend did plenty more to take the heat off boss Eusebio Di Francesco and ease concerns amongst I Giallorossi supporters.
After Ciro Immobile’s strike midway through the second period cancelled out Lorenzo Pellegrini’s goal on the stroke of half time, Roma really showed their mettle to earn a crucial three points, as goals from Aleksander Kolarov and Federico Fazio sealed the win.
And Roma took that result forward into the Champions League in midweek, as they got their Group G campaign up and running stylishly with a rampant 5-0 success against Czech side Viktoria Plzen.
Roma still have lots to do in Europe if they’re to make the last 16 again this term, but for now, attentions turn to Stadio Carlo Castellani at the weekend and a game they should win against the current third bottom side.
Empoli’s return to Serie A hasn’t been a pleasant one thus far, and the Azzurri are without a victory in their last six top flight games.
Aurello Andreazzoli’s team were beaten 1-0 at Parma last weekend, their fourth defeat of the campaign, and that was a really frustrating result for the Tuscans after turning in their best performance on match day six in a 1-1 draw at home to Milan.
Empoli have played good football at times this season but lack composure when it matters, as they’re meagre five goal tally suggests. Roma are still one of the most free scoring teams in Serie A (I Giallorossi have scored 14 so far despite winning just three from seven) and it’s highly unlikely that the hosts are going to outgun the resurgent visitors this Saturday.
Empoli will therefore look to keep things tight, as they have done so far at home with just two goals conceded in three outings, so the Roma forwards could be frustrated in the early stages.
But we fancy Di Francesco’s charges to prove too strong on the back of their recent successes at home, even though their four match losing streak on the road dampens enthusiasm a little.
It’s clear though that Roma have turned a corner over the past couple of weeks, and they can start improving their record on the road with a 0-2 success here.
Empoli Team News
The hosts are short at full-back with Captain Manuel Pasqual and Luca Antonelli still on the treatment table, so Frederic Vesell is expected to fill in again for Empoli on the left side of defence.
Roma Team News
Javier Pastore is out for Roma with a calf injury but Diego Perotti could return following a bicep problem. Edin Dzeko again leads the line for I Giallorossi, buoyant after a midweek hat-trick over Viktoria Plzen in the Champions League.
Next Fixtures To Kick Off
Contact: [email protected]
Published: October 5, 2018
Our match preview predictions are fully researched and provided in good faith but no profits are guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly, you should only ever gamble with money you can afford to lose. Visit our responsible gambling guidelines for more information. 18+
Recent Competition Form
|2/6 (33%)||Over 2.5 Goals||5/6 (83%)|
|3/6 (50%)||Both Teams Scored||4/6 (67%)|
Head To Head
|Over 2.5 Goals||4/10 (40%)|
|Both Teams To Score||5/10 (50%)|
|Previous Meetings (Last 10)|
Scores Vs Opponents
|1||Juventus||27th Oct||31st Mar|
|2||Napoli||3rd Apr||2nd Nov|
|3||Internazionale||29th Dec||26th May|
|5||Sampdoria||22nd Dec||12th May|
|7||Fiorentina||5th May||16th Dec|
|12||Torino||19th May||26th Dec|
|14||SPAL||20th Apr||1st Dec|
|15||Udinese||11th Nov||7th Apr|
|16||Bologna||9th Dec||28th Apr|
|17||Atalanta||25th Nov||14th Apr|
|19||Frosinone||17th Mar||21st Oct|
|1||Juventus||12th May||22nd Dec|
|2||Napoli||31st Mar||28th Oct|
|3||Internazionale||2nd Dec||20th Apr|
|5||Sampdoria||11th Nov||7th Apr|
|7||Fiorentina||3rd Apr||3rd Nov|
|8||Sassuolo||26th Dec||19th May|
|9||Parma||26th May||29th Dec|
|11||Genoa||16th Dec||5th May|
|13||Cagliari||28th Apr||8th Dec|
|14||SPAL||20th Oct||17th Mar|
|15||Udinese||14th Apr||24th Nov|
Empoli vs Roma Stats
- The last time Empoli beat Roma in the top-flight was back in February 2007 (1-0, goal by Nicola Pozzi): since then there have been five win for AS Roma and three draws.
- Roma have failed to score in three of their last six away games vs Empoli in Serie A.
- Empoli only won their first Serie A game this season: since then they have earned only two points in six games, scoring only three in this period.
- Roma have lost their last two away games in Serie A: the last time they lost three in a row away from home was back in January 2013.
- Roma have scored seven first-half goals in Serie A this season (a league record so far), including four in the last two games.
- Roma have scored five goals form set-piece situations (excl. penalties) in the top-flight this season: a league-high.
- Empoli (six) and AS Roma (five) have hit the woodwork more often than any other side in Serie A this season.
- Edin Dzeko, who scored a brace in his last game in Serie A vs Empoli back in April 2017, has scored only once in his first seven games int he league this season: the last last time he did so was during his first season in Italy (2015/16), when he finished the season with eight goals.
- AS Roma midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini scored his only penalty goal in Serie A against Empoli, with Sassuolo in December 2016 (his only previous game vs Empoli).
- Empoli’s Miha Zajc has attempted 24 shots so far, at least double that of any other teammate in Serie A this campaign: four of them have hit the woodwork (a high in the top-flight).
How we calculate our stats
Our stats are based on games this season. Games played this season: 14
(7 by Empoli) and (7 by Roma)
Cards & Corners
Home First Half
Home Second Half
Away First Half
Away Second Half
|Bookie||Home Win||Draw||Away Win||Offer|
|Bookie||Home & Yes||Away & Yes||Offer|
|Bookie||Under 0.5||Over 0.5||Under 1.5||Over 1.5||Under 2.5||Over 2.5||Under 3.5||Over 3.5||Under 4.5||Over 4.5||Under 5.5||Over 5.5||Under 6.5||Over 6.5||Under 7.5||Over 7.5||Under 8.5||Over 8.5||Under 9.5||Over 9.5||Offer|
|Bookie||Home -1||Away +1||Home -2||Away +2||Home -3||Away +3||Home -4||Away +4||Home -5||Away +5||Away -1||Home +1||Away -2||Home +2||Away -3||Home +3||Away -4||Home +4||Away -5||Home +5||Offer|