Nimes vs Reims predictions for Saturday evening’s Ligue 1 tie at the Stade des Costieres. Two of the recently promoted sides to Ligue 1 go head to head, with both Nimes and Reims looking for a way out of their winless runs. Read on for all our free predictions and betting tips.
Nimes vs Reims Predictions, Betting Tips and Match Previews
Nimes to Win @
Nimes 2-0 @
Reason For Nimes vs Reims Betting Tips
It’s fair to say that it’s been some time since Nimes could say they were a top flight club. Last term they secured promotion to Ligue 1 for the first time since the 1992/93 season, and they started it with a bang.
They scored the opener against Angers inside of four minutes, but the hosts came back at them and Nimes found themselves 3-1 down with 35 minutes left to play. Somehow, they managed to score three goals in a 12 minute window, most of which they played with ten men, to secure an incredible 4-3 victory.
The newly promoted side followed that with an exceptional 3-1 win over Marseille as well, but since then the honeymoon period has come to an end. That victory was their last win in Ligue 1, with three defeats and three draws following. In fairness, their defeats have come away to Toulouse and 3rd placed Montpellier and at home to French dominants PSG.
Reims were also promoted to the top flight last season, and just like their opponents they opened the campaign with a victory. It was significantly less interesting than Nimes 4-3 thriller, with their trip to Nice ending 1-0 and them following that with a shock 1-0 win over Lyon. Again, like their opponents, they have since lost three and drawn three of their six games.
Reims’ away form doesn’t exactly inspire confidence though. They have lost two of their last three trips away, and while their 4-1 thrashing at PSG isn’t much to worry about they also lost 4-1 at Amiens. Meanwhile, at home, Nimes have won one, drawn one, and lost one, with that singular defeat coming against PSG.
With both sides’ harbouring identical records so far, it’s likely to be quite an even contest. However, Nimes have lost just one of their last 14 home league games against Reims and have won nine of them, so we like the look of a Nimes win on Saturday along with a 2-0 correct score predictions.
Nimes Team News
Teji Savanier serves the final game of his five match suspension here, while defender Anthony Briancon is an injury doubt and midfielder Pierrick Valdivia is ruled out.
Reims Team News
Defender Moussa Doumbia is the only injury concern for Reims.
Next Fixtures To Kick Off
Our match preview predictions are fully researched and provided in good faith but no profits are guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly, you should only ever gamble with money you can afford to lose. Visit our responsible gambling guidelines for more information. 18+
Recent Competition Form
|3/6 (50%)||Over 2.5 Goals||2/6 (33%)|
|3/6 (50%)||Both Teams Scored||2/6 (33%)|
Head To Head
|Over 2.5 Goals||4/10 (40%)|
|Both Teams To Score||3/10 (30%)|
|Previous Meetings (Last 10)|
Scores Vs Opponents
|1||Paris Saint-Germain||2-4||23rd Feb|
|2||Lille||15th Dec||28th Apr|
|5||St Etienne||26th Oct||31st Mar|
|6||Lyon||25th May||19th Oct|
|9||Strasbourg||16th Mar||24th Nov|
|11||Rennes||2nd Mar||22nd Dec|
|12||Nice||10th Nov||26th Jan|
|13||Amiens||1st Dec||9th Mar|
|15||Caen||6th Apr||5th Dec|
|16||Dijon||16th Feb||3rd Nov|
|19||Nantes||8th Dec||9th Feb|
|1||Paris Saint-Germain||25th May||4-1|
|2||Lille||6th Apr||8th Dec|
|3||Marseille||2nd Feb||1st Dec|
|5||St Etienne||20th Apr||10th Nov|
|8||Toulouse||5th Dec||9th Feb|
|9||Strasbourg||15th Dec||31st Mar|
|10||Angers||20th Oct||28th Apr|
|11||Rennes||16th Feb||28th Oct|
|15||Caen||22nd Dec||11th May|
|18||Monaco||3rd Nov||13th Apr|
|20||Guingamp||24th Nov||26th Jan|
Nimes vs Reims Stats
- Nîmes have lost only once in their last 14 home games against Reims in Ligue 1 (W9 D4).
- Nîmes are winless in their last six games in Ligue 1 (D3 L3), after winning their first two of the season.
- Reims are winless in their last six games in Ligue 1 (D3 L3), after winning each of their previous three.
- Nîmes have won only once in their last 16 home games in Ligue 1 (D6 L9), it was on August 19th 2018 against Marseille (3-1).
- Reims have won only one of their last 11 away games in Ligue 1 (D2 L8), it was at Nice in August 2018 (1-0).
- Nîmes have failed to find the net in their last two games in Ligue 1, the first time for Les Crocodiles in league competition since August 2017 in Ligue 2 (also two).
- Reims have kept five clean sheets in Ligue 1 in 2018/19, no team in the Top 5 European leagues has recorded more. Although, Reims’ games have produced 13 goals in Ligue 1 this season (4 goals for, 9 against), the lowest tally in the French top-flight.
- Antonin Bobichon has been involved in three of Nîmes’ last six goals in Ligue 1 (2 goals, 1 assist).
- Pablo Chavarria has been involved in 50% of Reims’ goals in Ligue 1 this season (1 goal, 1 assist). Only Gradel (67%), Thuram (60%) and Pépé (57%) have been involved in a higher share of their team’s goals this season.
How we calculate our stats
Our stats are based on games this season. Games played this season: 16
(8 by Nimes) and (8 by Reims)
Cards & Corners
Home First Half
Home Second Half
Away First Half
Away Second Half
|Bookie||Home Win||Draw||Away Win||Offer|
|Bookie||Home & Yes||Away & Yes||Offer|
|Bookie||Under 0.5||Over 0.5||Under 1.5||Over 1.5||Under 2.5||Over 2.5||Under 3.5||Over 3.5||Under 4.5||Over 4.5||Under 5.5||Over 5.5||Under 6.5||Over 6.5||Under 7.5||Over 7.5||Under 8.5||Over 8.5||Under 9.5||Over 9.5||Offer|
|Bookie||Home -1||Away +1||Home -2||Away +2||Home -3||Away +3||Home -4||Away +4||Home -5||Away +5||Away -1||Home +1||Away -2||Home +2||Away -3||Home +3||Away -4||Home +4||Away -5||Home +5||Offer|